If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (970) 353-1388

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Respecting Your Outlets Can Prevent Fire Damage to Your Home

12/7/2017 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Respecting Your Outlets Can Prevent Fire Damage to Your Home Overloading outlets can result in a fire in your home.

Fires happen all the time. When you are the one the fire is happening to, you want to figure out its cause and how to get back to the way things were before. Understanding some of the most common causes of small house fires is an excellent start to keeping yourself safer throughout the year. Overloaded power outlets provide a perfect storm for sparks or electrical arcs to catch nearby materials on fire. Stressed outlets are a primary cause of many household fires.

When your home is damaged from a fire, you need to find out why it happened. Our SERVPRO team can help you to clean up the mess and restore the damage, but also has the experience to help you determine where the fire originated from based on the severity of the damages. As common as overloaded electrical boxes are, it remains one of the leading causes of accidental house fires. You need to know how to operate your power outlets within safe parameters. This information can potentially save your house from damages, but more importantly, save your life.

People ask too much of their power outlets all the time, but this gets even worse around the holidays. When you combine indoor and outdoor lights, the tree, and other decorations in with already stressed power sources, you are brewing a recipe for disaster. To make matters worse, the spark of a fire can occur from this overloaded outlet at any time.

The sooner you respond to restoring your home after fire damages the better. Our experienced SERVPRO professionals can clean up the damages and bring the structure and contents of the room back to preloss conditions. The longer that you wait, the more likely that soot and smoke damages seat themselves into your furniture, flooring, and walls. This spells a higher insurance claim to cover the repair costs, or worse yet, more out-of-pocket expenses if you are underinsured.

If you or someone you know experiences a fire, call as soon as you can. Our professionals at SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor rapidly respond 24/7, and you can reach us at (970) 353-1388.

Other News

View Recent Posts