Water Damage Timeline
SERVPRO® Greeley/Windsor offers water damage. When you discover that you have an unfortunate water loss, time is of the essence. Following is a general timeline for a water loss.
- Water can rapidly spread and penetrate even the smallest of spaces, saturating everything in its way.
- Water is absorbed into porous materials to include drywall, flooring, sheetrock, upholstery, and personal contents.
- Furniture finishes may bleed causing permanent discoloration on flooring.
- Paper belongings including photographs, books, and hard copy records can become saturated, causing them to expand and become distorted.
1 – 24 Hours:
- Musty odors can appear.
- Drywall and sheetrock can begin crumble and ceiling can fall.
- Furniture can begin to expand and fissure.
- Metal surfaces can begin to discolor and blemish.
- Dyes and inks from textiles and paper goods that are saturated may start to run, staining nearby surfaces.
2 Days and Beyond:
- Wood flooring can swell and buckle.
- Mold and mildew start to spore, thriving in the moist environment.
- Metal can begin to oxidize and crumble.
- Furniture distorts and shows signs of mold growth on surfaces.
- Doors, windows, and structural studs can warp.
- Paint can and will begin to bubble.
- Mold development and structural safety could be a great risk factor to occupants.
- Restoration time may be substantial (including replacement of affected materials and structural restoration), creating monetary expenses to the homeowner due to mold growth beginning and increase drastically every day it is left untreated.
The sooner SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor’s experienced and trained team can get on-site and begin the water mitigation process, the better; not only for you, but for the building and contents as well. Give SERVPRO® of Greeley/Windsor a call at (970) 353-1388. We will make it “Like it never even happened.”