Extension Cord, Safety Tips
Extension cords are one of the most commonly misused items in a home and at the office. To ensure safety use these following tips when using extension cords to avoid fire damage:
- Determine the correct wattage required to power the device and be sure to select the correct size of the extension cord. If connecting two or more devices, add together the wattage rating for all devices to prevent overload.
- Select the appropriate extension cord for using devices indoors or outdoors.
- Do not use extension cords that are cut or damaged. Touching the exposed strand of wire can give someone electric shock or burn.
- Be sure to unplug extension cords when finished using due to the cord will still conduct electricity until it is unplugged.
- Running a cord under carpet or across a doorway is unsafe.
SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff are highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
If you have experience fire damage call SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor, 970-353-1388.