Winter Storm Reminders and Tips
All our SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor employees live in our community so we actively watch the weather throughout the year. As we enter the winter storm season, here are some reminders and tips.
Watches, Warnings, and Advisories
- Winter Storm Watch: Be alert, a storm is likely.
- Winter Storm Warning: Take action, the storm is in or entering the area.
- Winter Weather Advisory: Winter weather conditions are expected to cause significant inconveniences and may be hazardous, especially to motorists.
- Frost/Freeze Warning: Below freezing temperatures are expected and may cause damage to plants, crops, or fruit trees.
- Blizzard Warning: Snow and strong winds combined will produce blinding snow, near zero visibility, deep drifts, and life-threatening wind chill – seek refuge immediately.
- Seal drafts from doors and windows.
- Leave all water taps slightly open so they drip continuously.
- Close off unused rooms
- Listen to your radio, television, or NOAA Weather Radio for weather reports and emergency information.
- Find or build a shelter as protection from the wind.
- Cover all exposed body parts.
- Build a fire with rocks around it to absorb and reflect heat and to attract attention.
- Melt snow for drinking water to avoid dehydration.
- Avoid overexertion.
- Cover your mouth to protect your lungs from extremely cold air.
- Watch for signs of frostbite and hypothermia.
- Avoid walking on ice
Our SERVPRO Professionals are highly trained in property restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO's Corporate Training Facility to regular IICRC industry certifications, our Professionals are equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. The SERVPRO training program includes, but not limited to, the following:
- IICRC Training
- Employee Certification Training
- Initial Franchise Training
- Continuing Education Classes
- If you experience storm damage to your home or business, call SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor at 970-353-1388. We are your local mitigation specialists.