Understanding the Categories and Classes of Water Damage
Dealing with water damage in your business in Greeley and Windsor areas can be very time-consuming. Whether it be replacing a water pipe, having issues with a toilet, or outside water coming in you will find it helpful to understand what type of water damage has occurred.
- The Source of Water - SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor uses one of the primary ways to classify water damage.
- If water comes from an appliance and is clean, it is considered category 1.
- If water from a broken pipe and has contaminants it is considered category 2.
- If water contains sewage and has biohazards present it is considered category 3.
- How long has the water sat? - Category 1 water can turn into category 2 if not quickly removed. The best rule of thumb is to take care of the water leak as soon as possible!
- How clean the water is, is another major contributor that determines the category we classify the water damage into. For instance, category 2 water is water that has some amount of hazardous material. Even if the water loss started out as clean water and it seeps through the floor or walls it will then count as category 2 due to contaminants.
Every water damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to make it “Like it never even happened.” We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have questions about water damage? Call SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor, 970-353-1388.