If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (970) 353-1388

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Fire Damaged Caused By Space Heaters

3/12/2018 (Permalink)

Precautions are necessary when using space heaters in your home.

To stay warm indoors, many homes invest in space heaters. But did you know that space heaters, if not properly used, are the leading cause of residential and commercial fires?

Space heater caused  fires can occur without the proper safety precautions. The devastating results of fire damage can make a family homeless and close down a commercial establishment. However, when used correctly, space heaters can be safe to use. SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor safety features and tips to stay safe in using electric space heaters are:

 Space heater should be placed on a flat, solid exterior

  • Always plug the space heater directly into a wall socket
  • Use a heater with an automatic shut-off feature.
  • Use a three-foot space zone around space heaters.
  • Supervise children and pets around space heaters that are on.
  • Never leave a space heater on when absent or asleep.

 Space heaters help to give warmth during cold, chilly days. Make sure you practice safety and keep an eye on your space heater, don't leave it attended. As comfortable as they are to use in the winter, they can easily destroy a home or an office building.

 SERVPRO of Greeley / Windsor is a trusted leader in the restoration industry, and our highly trained technicians provide 24-hour emergency service. We’re dedicated to responding faster to any size disaster with the training, equipment, and experience to respond to your restoration or cleaning needs.

Other News

View Recent Posts