Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
The Hazards of Carbon Monoxide
Get you and your family outside to fresh air and then call 911.
Using a fossil fuel furnace like oil or gas to heat your home is one of the most popular and energy-efficient methods today. Because furnaces use combustion to produce heat, you need to be aware of the risks of carbon monoxide poisoning.
On average, carbon monoxide poisoning kills 400 Americans every year and sends 20,000 to the hospital. Leaking boilers and furnaces are one of the most common causes of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless and an extremely deadly byproduct of burning fuel to heat your home. Minor leaks in your boiler or furnace can expose you and your family to a deadly amount of carbon monoxide.
Carbon monoxide poisoning is directly related to running your heating system. So, when the temperature drops, it means it is time for you to be informed and take the proper precautions to keep safe from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Sources of Carbon Monoxide:
- Gas furnaces
- Oil furnaces
- Gas boilers
- Oil boilers
- Wood fireplaces
- Wood pellet stoves
Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
System defects that release Carbon Monoxide:
- Incomplete combustion process
- Leaking seams
- Cracks in the combustion chamber
- Cracks in the exhaust piping
Ways to prevent Carbon Monoxide poisoning:
- It is highly recommended to place carbon monoxide detectors around your house. Since carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless, detectors are the only way to identify the gas. Place one near your heating system and on every floor of your house. If the detector where to go off, evacuate your house and seek fresh air immediately. Once you seek fresh air, call 911.
- Have your furnace and fireplace cleaned and checked before each winter.
- Do not start or leave vehicles running in your garage.
- Do not use portable heaters while sleeping in enclosed areas.
For more information, contact SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor, 970-353-1388.
Is It Mold or Is It Mildew?
Mold and mildew remediation can difficult to remediate, but not impossible.
When you have a creepy crud taking over your home, it’s hard to care if it’s mold or mildew. You just want it gone. But mold and mildew have very different effects on your home and on you; could you tell the difference between mold and mildew if you found it in your home? Let’s take a look at what makes the two fungal growths so similar – and what makes them completely different.
Mold vs. Mildew:
Mildew, for the most part, is mostly harmless, although there are a few breeds of mildew that can do damage to your home. While mildew is more common than mold, it is more of an eyesore and unpleasant to the touch, with a powdery feeling that many find nauseating
Mold, on the other hand, is much more invasive and can cause significant damage to vulnerable areas of your home. Mold tends to be fuzzy and varied in color than mildew.
Signs that you might have mold include:
• Musty odors coming from secluded places in your home
• Dark stains on walls • Leaks and water damage
• Fuzzy growths on organic matter, including walls, floors, and food
• Unexplained allergic reactions with no other allergen sources present.
So how do you get rid of mold and/or mildew? Mold and mildew remediation can be difficult, but not impossible. While we are constantly inundated with free-floating mold spores, it is possible to take preventative steps to ensure your home isn’t a hospitable environment for either parasitic growth to breed. Mitigate any leaks or water issues in your home and clean up quickly after any floods. Adequately ventilate your home and use a dehumidifier, if needed, to prevent growth in moist, humid areas. If you suspect a mold or mildew infestation, you can call in an industrial hygienist to perform necessary testing and isolate the causes in your home. For more information, visit http://www.SERVPROgreeleywindsor.com.
Who Is SERVPRO
SERVPRO truck heading out to commercial loss.
SERVPRO began as a painting business in Sacramento, CA in 1967 by Ted and Doris Isaacson.
The first SERVPRO Franchise was sold in 1969.
Bristol-Myers Domesticare Division and its 175 Franchises were acquired in 1979.
SERVPRO relocated the corporate headquarters from Sacramento to Gallatin, TN in 1988 and consisted of 647 Franchises.
In 1991 the Nashville Business Journal named SERVPRO the Small Business of the Year.
In 2000, SERVPRO sold its 1,000th Franchise.
SERVPRO moved to a 140,000 square-foot, state-of-the-art facility in Gallatin, TN in 2005 to provide more room for expansion.
Now, more than 1,800 Franchises are operating nationwide and in Canada, and SERVPRO continues to grow.
SERVPRO works closely with insurance agents, property managers, and local fire/police departments to assist in any community disaster.
So you ask, What Does SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor do:
We offer a variety of remediation services including:
*Water Damage Restoration and Dehumidification
*Fire Damage Restoration including fire, smoke and soot
*Mold Mitigation and Remediation
*Storm Damage Restoration
*Commercial Cleaning Services including carpets, tiles, upholstery, sewage, biohazard, and deodorization
*Contents Claim Inventory Service
“Like it never even happened.”
Contact us 24 hours a day at 970-353-1388!
Why You Should Choose SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor
We have the proper equipment to assess your damage and complete the mitigation/remediation process to preloss condition faster.
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure and monitor a property’s moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- An infrared camera may be used to identify water location for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling of walls and furniture and warping/buckling of hardwood floors.
- High-speed air movers cause moisture to evaporate at a fast pace and Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Highly Trained Restoration Specialists
Our SERVPRO Professionals are highly trained in property restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO's Corporate Training Facility to regular IICRC industry certifications, our Professionals are equipped with the knowledge to restore your property
Contact SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor at 970-353-1388 for your mitigation and remediation services.
Cleaning Products - Why You Should Choose SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor To Take Care of Your Property
A few of our cleaning products.
As your local mitigation, remediation and restoration company, SERVPRO® of Greeley/Windsor carries a variety of professional cleaning products. We do not use the same cleaners that you can purchase in a store. SERVPRO® Industries have scientists on staff that formulates products that are designed exclusively for our franchise. You can be assured that the most effective products are being used to take care of your loss.
Our products are used to decontaminate, deodorize, clean leather & wood, general cleaning and much more. Each of our products are labeled and specify proper cleaning use. As our customers, for your knowledge and comfort our technicians carry the Safety Data Sheets per product.
We ensure thorough cleaning is maintained throughout each job because we think of your property as our own.
SERVPRO® of Greeley/Windsor is available 24/7/365. We are a highly trained water, fire, mold and biohazard restoration company with many services not typically covered by other restoration companies.
Our SERVPRO Professionals are highly trained in property mitigation, remediation and restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO's Corporate Training Facility to regular IICRC industry certifications, our Professionals are equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Call SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor today for your cleaning, mitigation, and remediation needs 970-353-1388.
Top Reasons to Call SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor
Our trucks are always loaded and ready to roll!
- SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor professionals strive to exceed customer expectations and can help lower claim loss expenses with professional and proper restoration.
- SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor Professionals uses pre-testing to carefully identify what can be restored to a pre loss condition verses replacement, which can reduce claims loss expenses.
- Electronic job file documentation offers immediate quality information including detailed estimates and online access to all files and pending jobs.
- SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor is committed to continued industry training of our service technicians, maintaining a high level of competency of industry standards.
- Franchise required insurance qualification compliance and professionalism help insure quality insurance.
- SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor professionals understand the importance of communication, serving both the insurance adjuster and the customer.
If you experience a residential or commercial property loss in the Greeley/Windsor surrounding area call 970-353-1388, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year we answer your call to help.